This is a nice option to have around for a weekend brunch, as it enhances a lot of dishes – topped on fruit salad, granola, pancakes, waffles, or made into a breakfast parfait or a fruit dip. It’s very easy to make, and only has 4 ingredients. I imagine that you could add flavours like cinnamon, ginger, lemon or orange zest to elevate the flavour of your sweet dish even more. I’m going to try it as a dairy-free substitute in recipes that call for yogurt! I’ll keep you posted on how that goes on our Facebook & Instagram pages.
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight (or at least 3 hours), rinsed & drained
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk (plus 1-2 Tbsp more, if needed)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients to the blender and gradually increase speed to blend on high, adding more almond milk, as needed.
- Blend on high for a good 30-60 seconds, until it is smooth & creamy.
- Store in fridge for up to 3 days.