This is a nice option to have around for a weekend brunch, as it enhances a lot of dishes – topped on fruit salad, granola, pancakes, waffles, or made into a breakfast parfait or a fruit dip. It’s very easy to make, and only has 4 ingredients. I imagine that you could add flavours like cinnamon, ginger, lemon or orange zest to elevate the flavour of your sweet dish even more. I’m going to try it as a dairy-free substitute in recipes that call for yogurt! I’ll keep you posted on how that goes on our Facebook & Instagram pages.
Cashew Cream Parfait
Layer cashew cream with your choice of chopped dried fruits, fresh or frozen fruit, nuts, seeds, or granola. We’ve also spread it on top of pancakes!
Cuisine: dairy free, gluten-free, vegan
Serves: 1 cup
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight (or at least 3 hours), rinsed & drained
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk (plus 1-2 Tbsp more, if needed)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients to the blender and gradually increase speed to blend on high, adding more almond milk, as needed.
- Blend on high for a good 30-60 seconds, until it is smooth & creamy.
- Store in fridge for up to 3 days.
Leave a Reply