Yes, our last post was also a popsicle recipe, but with summer on it’s way it is just so gratifying to eat (at least) one popsicle per day.
The already sweet mango is elevated by adding a touch of honey, which also balances the sometimes strong flavour of the coconut cream. You could use other sweeteners to make it vegan (agave syrup, coconut or cane sugar, etc), but the mango & honey do “marry” well together.
- 4-5 cups ripe mango chunks, fresh or frozen (or both!)
- 1 can coconut milk (unshaken! As we'll use mostly just the cream)
- 1-2 Tbsp honey
- Place mango chunks & honey in a high powered blender.
- Scoop in coconut cream (the thick top layer in the can of coconut milk). If its summer time, you may have to refrigerate your can of coconut milk for a day to separate the cream from the water.
- Add in coconut water in small amounts - just enough to allow your blender to blend everything into a smooth creamy mixture (if using frozen chunks you may need to add all of the water, but if using fresh then you won't need much). Blend until you've reached your desired consistency.
- The key to a creamy popsicle is adding as little water as possible.
- Scoop into popsicle molds. Freeze for at least 8 hours.
- Enjoy as a snack or dessert!