EASY & DELICIOUS NEVER FAILS GRANOLA
Granola is one of the easiest things to make … and eat! I always make a double batch of this so that it lasts at least 1 week.
Although the ingredient list is long, you can jazz up or down your granola as you wish. Just making it out of oats, coconut, a handful of seeds & nuts, and whatever dried fruit you have on hand still makes an awesome granola. Otherwise, you can really get creative with this recipe and make it different every time, or find a combination that you like and keep it consistent. Either way, you’re sure to enjoy eating it.
- 3 cups large oat flakes
- ½ cup brown rice bran or wheat germ (optional)
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup sesame or flax seeds
- 1 cup chopped nut mix – almond, pecans, cashews, walnuts, etc.
- a few sprinkles of cinnamon
- 1 cup dried fruit – chopped dates &/or apricots, raisins, cranberries, goji berries
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil or non-GMO canola oil
- 1 cup honey or maple syrup (which pairs especially good with coconut oil!)
– Preheat oven to 325.
– Mix oats, nuts, rice bran/wheat germ, seeds, & cinnamon in a large bowl.
– Heat oil & honey (or maple syrup) in a small pot over medium heat. Add vanilla extract while heating. When it’s bubbling, remove from heat and pour liquid mixture over dry mixture.
– Stir well, to coat all of the oat mixture.
– Spread oat mixture evenly in a shallow pan or cookie sheet. (You may have to do this in batches so oats are not layered too thick). Bake for about 20 minutes, stirring every 5-7 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool completely before adding dried fruit.
– Store in an airtight container. And enjoy it while it lasts!
Leave a Reply