Please browse through some of our favourite links, books, and articles. Also, suggest your favourites in the comments below, as this list is always growing.
Moncton Naturopathic Medical Clinic – www.monctonnaturopathic.com
- Au Fond des Bois fromagerie (owned by Marina & family): locally produced goat cheese made from raw or pasteurized milk, goat sausages
- Armadale Farm Ltd. (owned by Ian & Hetty): hormone/antibiotic/preservative/additive-free butter, quark, yogourts, and cheddar/gouda/feta cheeses.
- Broadfork Farm: locally grown organic veggies (seasonal only); www.broadforkfarm.com.
- David & Murray Bunnett Family Farm: organic grass fed beef, chicken and turkey, organic sausage, organic flour, free-range eggs, organic pumpkin seeds and local organic flax seeds.
- Hofer’s German Bakery: offers a wide range of wheat alternative breads and bake goods made from organic spelt, kamut and rye flour.
- Nature’s Route Farm – excellent carrots, rutabaga, beets all winter long.
- Nico’s Bakery: finally a gluten free bread that I’ve been looking for! (GF whole grain version is excellent).
- Spring Brook Farm (506) 523-6432: chicken; apple-finished pork; lamb (when available); buffalo (when available); eggs – feed is free of additives.
- Wild Blueberry Meadows Farm (owned by Murray Tweedie): great tasting blueberries (frozen or fresh in season), juice & jam.
- Fish & Seafood: local scallops, shrimp, haddock and crab.
- Others…see Dieppe Market website for more venders
Corn Crib (Health Food Stores): health conscious foods (organic, gluten-free, less processed, etc…). Great choices here include: gluten-free flours, quinoa pasta, miso spread, organic spices, organic whole flax & pumpkin seeds, etc…
Jane’s Gluten-Free Foods: located at 1633 Mountain Rd (Lounsbury Centre).
Moncton Market: lot’s of different food venders…go check it out.
Costco: organic olive oil (tasty), frozen scallops, frozen wild Alaskan salmon, organic Sumatra coffee (as coffee is high in pesticides), almonds/pecans/walnuts/hazelnuts (although not organic), almond butter (although not organic), etc…
Superstore & Sobeys: rice wraps (organic freezer section), goat cheese/yogurt, rice milk (Yu brand has better quality ingredients), organic pumpkin/flax seeds, organic pumpkin seed butter, organic veggies & fruits (hit & miss), other health conscious foods (organic, gluten-free, less processed etc…), canned wild Northwest Pacific salmon (in organic section), etc…
Gabor Mate – When the Body Says No – The Cost of Hidden Stress
Ami McKay – The Birth House
Dr. Datis Kharrazian – Why Do I Still Have Thyroid Symptoms? When My Lab Tests are Normal
Chef Micheal Smith – The Best of Chef at Home
La Leche League International – The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding
Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors
Council on Naturopathic Education
College of Naturopathic Physicians of British Columbia